The special event applications are coming! Why Spring 2021 is the perfect time to revamp your special event process.
Do you miss approving permits for events like the one pictured above? Our communities definitely miss special events and public gatherings such as block parties. People are missing small neighborhood picnics and large music events, and everything in between!
When we're able to gather again safely there will be a lot of pent-up demand for concerts, parades, fairs, and happenings of all sorts. It's likely that at first your special events team or department will begin approving small group events (such as Block Parties) and then gradually increase the ability for larger groups (parades, performances, and Special Events) to gather.
Right now is the perfect time to overhaul your special events process and prepare to issue permits and approvals in a modern digital way. Spending a few weeks now to upgrade and refine your special event processes now will pay off in a smoother return to public events when your community is ready.
Governments from Massachusetts to California use CityGrows for special event application management because it:
- Increases the total number of events, creating community cohesion and even improving disaster preparedness
- Reduces the time staff need to spend reviewing and approving permits
- Helps the hard-hit entertainment and event sector of the economy bounce back
- Reduces missed fee payments
- Helps your government issue block party and special event permits faster
Special event permits are often one of the last local government operations to be digitized because they involve very customized workflows involving many staff (which departments approve at which stage of an application, and the exact fees charged). CityGrows is designed so that your team can set up your special events application and approval process exactly how you want it to be.
- Which questions to ask applicants
- What information they're required to provide (insurance certificates) and at what point they upload them
- Which staff members review in what order
- What fees to charge
- Whether all applicants use the same application or whether there are different paths for different sizes and types of events
Most government still use paper or PDF applications to process special event requests. Paper and PDFs forms are:
- Easy to leave incomplete - wasting time for everyone
- Hard to track - easy to lose in email or on a desk.
- Impossible to effectively process when staff are working remotely.
- Impossible to share automatically with the community.
- Disconnected from payments
Digital special event workflows solve all these problems and create new opportunities for efficiency and collaboration.
To learn how other governments use CityGrows for block parties and special events please book a demonstration with our team or get in touch directly via our chat function. We'd love to show you!